Thanks to a number of generous individuals, we are able to offer a number of endowed scholarships to students to enable them to perform in our productions; train in our classrooms, studios, and shops; and prepare for success after graduation. We are extremely grateful for the support of the individuals who have helped make these scholarships possible. Currently, these include:
- Miss Mary Alice Memorial Scholarship in Dance
- Benny Jo Monlezun Bates Scholarship in Dance
- David Kyle Carlin Memorial Scholarship in Theatre
- Maria Concetta Cloninger Presidential Scholarship in Theatre
- Ruth Kaigler Goode and D. Rex Goode Scholarship in Theatre
- Jean Allen Helms Scholarship in Theatre
- Dr. Adonia Placette Scholarship in Theatre
- Tom Vance Scholarship in Theatre
- Parker Windham Memorial Scholarship
Endowed scholarships are renewable but are governed by individual criteria, and are not guaranteed for all four years of attendance at Lamar. They are offered for a maximum of four years, and the amounts vary.
Assistantships require a certain number of hours of work in the department in exchange for the amount awarded. Students may be assigned to assist in the scene or costume shop, the box office, front of house, the department office, and/or assist a faculty member with a course (as well as assisting with receptions/ public relations/ outreach/ general facility maintenance).
Work study positions also are available for students who are declared eligible through the financial aid office. The proper paperwork through that office should be completed early in your application since it takes about six months to receive approval. Positions are similar to those offered for assistantships.
***Applications are required for all three and will be available each semester in the department office. Deadlines vary but generally will be in mid-November and mid-April.