The SPHS Cardinal Careers program provides mentoring and support to undergraduate students who wish to pursue graduate work in the Doctor of Audiology and the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology at Lamar University. Activities and workshops in this program will be open to all students.
Why choose a career in audiology or speech-language pathology?
- To improve quality of life through communication.
- The opportunity to work with people one-on-one.
- Graduates have a 100% employment rate.
- Variety of employment opportunities. Visit the American Speech-Language-Hearing website to find out about what types of careers are available.
- Flexible schedules.
- Unending rewards.
- Competitive salary.
- One-on-one mentoring
- Community service/workforce activities
- Individual needs and tutoring
Roles and responsibilities of undergraduate mentees
- Respond to the initial contact email from your assigned mentor within a timely fashion, and maintain regular contact with your mentor.
- Respect your mentor’s time. Remember that they are students too and have assignments and deadlines just like you do.
- Have reasonable expectations for what your mentoring relationship will be. SPHS graduate student mentors are more than happy to discuss their experiences as students as they relate to looking for grad schools, the application process, classes, research, etc. They are not equipped to be your tutor or editor.
Interested? Email email@example.com