Master of Music in Performance
The performance track of the Master of Music degree requires 30 semester hours as listed below. In addition, a public recital and either a research paper or lecture recital are required.
Course of Study
1. Applied -- 12 hours (3 semesters, 4 credit hours each semester)
2. Music History -- 6 hours (two 3-hour courses)
3. Music Theory -- 6 hours (two 3-hour courses)
4. Music Education -- 6 hours (two 3-hour courses). MUED 5320, Music Reference, Research, and Writing, is required of all master's degree students.
5. Public recital -- 50 minutes of music
6. Lecture recital -- performance-related, based on research, or research paper
7. Oral examination