The Showcase of Southeast Texas
The Lamar University marching band, titled The Showcase of Southeast Texas, performs at all home football games and select away games. Directed by Dr. Eric Shannon, the LU Marching Band performs for thousands of fans and alumni each year at football games and exhibition performances in Texas and Louisiana. For more information, including how to join, please view our:
About the Showcase
The Showcase of Southeast Texas is open to all Lamar University students. It is comprised of music majors and non-music majors alike. In fact, there are more than 45 majors or specific fields of study represented in the band, which is made up of students from 78 high schools nationwide. The band primarily marches contemporary corps
Recent Major Performances:
- 2016 - Houston Texans Halftime Performance
- 2016 - McNeese State Away Game
- 2016 - University of Houston Away Game
- 2015 - The University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio Halftime
- 2015 - UIL Region 10 Marching Contest
- 2014 - UIL Area F Marching Contest
- 2014 - UIL Region 10 Marching Contest
- 2014 - Texas A&M Halftime Performance
- 2013 - Louisiana Tech Away Game
- 2012 - UIL Region 10 Marching Contest
- 2011 - UIL Region 10 Marching Contest
- 2010 - Marching Band Reestablished
Color Guard & Twirling Line
TO AUDITION FOR 2017:
Skills Clinic 1 - May 2, 2017 / 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Skills Clinic 2 - May 13, 2017 (Twirler Only)
Audition - May 20, 2017
The LU Color Guard and Twirling Line are
The Showcase of Southeast Texas is the most visible organization on the Lamar campus, and the Color Guard and Twirling Line are responsible for providing a dynamic flair, all the while cultivating friendship among the amazing young people who comprise each squad. As a member of one of these groups, you will meet new people, travel to new places, and have the experience of a lifetime! Color Guard and Twirling Line members are selected through audition. Each member receives a $400 scholarship after their first year, a $600 scholarship after their second year, and a $750 scholarship after their third year and onward.
Percussion: Drumline and Front Ensemble
TO AUDITION FOR 2017:
1. Fill out the LU Marching Band Commitment Form. This gives your information to Dr. Holm and Dr. Shannon.
2. Enroll in Marching Band: MULB 1175, Section 03.
3. Attend LU Fall Audition/Drum Camp - August 17-19, 2017
4. Attend LU Fall Marching Band Camp - August 21-26
Videos of the exercises can be found at our YouTube channel.
Questions? E-Mail: Dr. Matt Holm.
Winners of the
Members of the Drumline also perform for select shows as the Front Ensemble. The Front Ensemble consists of all pit percussion including xylophones, vibraphones, marimbas, cymbals, and electronics.
2016 Lamar Marching Band Recruitment Spot